Skip to main content

TRANSFERS

February 3, 2020

My 12 weeks of being trained is OVER and its time for transfers! Saturday night we got a phone call that said Elder Stanford is going to Inwood (in Manhattan) to Elder Martin who was my MTC companion! What are the odds that my 2 only companions I have ever had are going to be together now, out of the 200+ missionaries in NYC! We were freaking out! I am sad to take off my training wheels and see Elder Stanford go, but I am excited to not be the "new guy" anymore and to see what the future holds for me. I also found out that I will be staying in Richmond Hill a little longer, and my new companion is Elder Larson. I have never met him before, and the only thing I know is that he has only been on his mission 6 weeks longer than I have! Stay tuned until next week to see how that goes. My whole district got switched around so I will be working with an entirely new group of people, which will be fun.

At church, Kiko told me something that changed my life! He said he can feel the holy ghost work THROUGH me. He said he  can feel God's love for him when I speak. He told me, "Your words move me in ways I have never felt before", and said that when I speak, it "hits the spot" for him, as if what I say is like food to his soul. That was amazing to hear. I think maybe I was assigned to serve in Richmond Hill to teach Kiko, because he said he feels a connection with me. It is a great feeling to know that God uses me in order to reach more of His children! I am glad I can be an instrument in the Lord's hands by which He spreads His gospel. I feel really blessed to be a part of the most important work on Earth!

Elder Stanford and I came up with an analogy about repentance and baptism that I really like, so I want to share it. Repentance is like washing a car. You can scrub it and get the dirt loose, but only scrubbing does not mean the car is clean... The dirt is washed away after it is rinsed.

Similarly, we are not forgiven of our sins BEFORE baptism. We can do all we can to repent, but the "dirt" is only being loosened and scrubbed! Baptism is how we rinse off the dirt and become clean and brand new! We are blessed to have a WEEKLY rinse, which is the sacrament. But a rinse is not useful if you are not scrubbing before hand. That means, we must repent daily. Every day. And partake of the sacrament weekly. Every week. This is enduring to the end, and that is how eternal life is gained.

Have a great week!! Please keep these people in your prayers! Kiko, Julian, Eduardo, and Marta Lucia!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...