Skip to main content

Todavía en Cuarentena

March 30, 2020

Hello everyone!! Corona ain't got nothin on us! As Sister Teuscher said about the quarantine, we can choose to GO through this, or we can choose to GROW through this. This week, I really grew as a missionary, as a companion, as a person, and as a disciple of Jesus Christ. We may be confined to our houses, but we have been able to do things we never would have done before, and found people we never would have found if we weren't home! We committed several people to be baptized after the quarantine ends, and we have received SO many responses to texts, calls, and facebook posts. We also received several referrals from Salt Lake City, other missionaries, members of the ward, and self-referrals! We are doing more missionary work than ever, and we are GROWING from this! I have never been busier! And we haven't even left the house! I invite all of you to share your testimony, share a quote, share a scripture, or just share something uplifting online. So much good can be done from our homes! #CoronaBYErus

I am so blessed!! Elder Goodman and I are basically best friends! He puts the "bro" in "bronx". We are planning on going to the same college, so I see a great life long friendship in our future. He has got a group of friends at home that sounds awesome, and he wants me to meet them when we get home. So basically, I found my future college friends! We work hard and stay focused but we also have fun while doing it, and its just the best!

I have thought all week about my close friends, and the other thousands of missionaries who had to end their missionary service early because of the Corona Virus. I started to reflect on my own service as a missionary. I thought, "If I were to go home right now, how would I feel?  Would I feel proud of the effort I gave? Or would I wish I had done a little more?" And as my dad always taught me growing up, "give a little bit extra". So this week I decided to work even harder, stay focused on my purpose despite any challenges we have, and be an overall better missionary. Because, this opportunity only comes to a small group of people, and for some, it only lasts a few months! Since I am blessed enough to continue my service, why not get as much out of it as I possibly can?  And as I continue working hard (even though it would be so easy for us to just stop working during all of this) I have been getting so much out of it. I am developing good digital habits, work ethics, my Spanish is improving, my testimony is growing, and not to mention, the people we teach are being eternally affected. My mission has become a personal and sacred experience for me because of all the growth I am making and the growth I can help others make, through the gospel. Let us all choose to grow through this quarantine and actively get things done instead of using it as a "break". What does God want us to learn from this? 

More cool things! We got to have a video call with Elder Groberg, from the movie The Other Side of Heaven! He is Sister Teuschers dad! He told us all about how his mission didn't go as planned, but God was with him every step of the way. It was a really awesome testimony. Also, someone I found in Richmond Hill told me that she believes I was sent to her doorstep by angels, and that she knows this church is true! So cool that I was able to knock on her door, find her, and play a role in her eternal salvation! We also dropped off a Book of Mormon on someone's doorstep who lives kind of far, so I finally got to see my area for the first time haha! Just thought I would share that so you know how I got the pictures in this email. ALSO, New York is currently the most INFECTED place in the world (at least thats what I have been told, I can't really watch the news), so thats crazy! ALSO, MY 6 MONTH MARK IS ON WEDNESDAY! What! ALSO, I have now been self isolated for 3 weeks because I was sick the week before the quarantine officially started... and I don't know how much longer we are supposed to stay inside, so it could be awhile! Crazy times!

Sorry this email was kind of all over the place! Thanks for all the prayers, and encouraging emails! Have a great week!! Love you all!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...