Skip to main content

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020

It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time.


Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we can!  We have made HUNDREDS of phone calls and have had a few video call lessons from home. We counted, and we made 202 phone calls (please remember, they were all in Spanish) in 1 day! It was... too much. But we ended up committing someone to be baptized AND finding a new interested person, and I didn't even have to put on pants!

In other news, THE LONG AWAITED TRANSFER CALL FINALLY CAME ON SATURDAY NIGHT! I am getting transferred to Olmstead in The Bronx! My new companion will be Elder Goodman! I have never met him but I hear really good things! Apparently, he is FRESH out of training, so I am a little older than him on the mission! I have also heard that The Bronx is one of the most craziest places to serve in New York, but apparently, my area is the "nicer" area, so we will see! Someone told me that there is a place in my area where they play a game to see "how many white people they can kill". I am sure that's not entirely true, but I will be fine either way, no need to worry! The Lord protects his missionaries! I get there tomorrow and I am really excited! But I will be sad to leave Richmond Hill and the 3 people we were planning on baptizing within the next month. I love them a lot and I can't really say goodbye to anyone because church was canceled!

That's all for this week, and that's a wrap on my time here in rich chill! Have a good week!!

Elder Webster

PS. I have to give a shoutout to my dad! He sent me a cooler full of steak, hamburger patties, hot dogs, pork chops, and potatoes. I had to eat it all before I got transferred, so it is all gone already. It was delicious. Thanks dad!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...