Skip to main content

I'm a Trainer!

June 8, 2020

Hello everyone!! I hope you all had a good week!

On Thursday, President Teuscher called me and asked me if I would train a new missionary! He said it is the most sacred assignment that he gives to missionaries because a trainer makes a big impact on how the rest of your mission goes. He said that he has seen me grow a lot and feels like I am ready! I am going to be a dad! Just in time for Fathers Day haha! Because of the virus, transfers are working a little differently. My trainee is actually going to be dropped off directly at my house TONIGHT, and I will be in a trio until tomorrow afternoon when Elder Goodman gets picked up by an Uber to go to his new area.

ELDER GOODMAN IS GETTING TRANSFERED TO RICHMOND HILL WITH ELDER LARSON AND A NEW RE-ASSIGNED MISSIONARY!! How crazy is that?! He is going to my last area and my last companion! This seems to be a common trend in my mission because my 1st and 2nd companion got assigned together, and then my 3rd and 4th companion got assigned together! Literally all of my companions have served with eachother... so crazy how that worked out!

So this next transfer, I am training a missionary who did not go to the MTC, and I am serving as a District Leader over a district with 12 missionaries in it. I am juggling all of this in an area I have barely seen, a ward I have barely met, facing the Covid-19 Pandemic in the epicenter of the world, and also while there are violent riots just outside my apartment. What a crazy time this is.

This is A LOT on my plate haha and I am honestly really excited to see how everything goes but I am pretty stressed out. I am expecting to hopefully have a couple baptisms soon too (maybe even this week if we get permission to meet together)! We have been working super hard, teaching about 8 lessons ever single day. We are just about ready to start doing combined lessons, where we just add several people to one call and teach them all at once... we literally don't have enough time to teach everyone that wants to be taught haha. This is probably not what my trainee is expecting haha so I am sure he will be surprised and excited to hear that our days are packed full of things to do.

Thats pretty much all of my news! Please pray for me and my new companion! He didn't get any MTC experience so I am nervous he will not know any spanish or know anything he needs to know. It will be an interesting week for sure! Have a great week!

Elder Webster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...