Skip to main content

Corona virus=1, Nazareth=0

August 24, 2020

Hello!! How are you all doing? I am doing pretty good! This week was really awesome because we had our first IN PERSON District Council, so I finally got to meet the people I have been leading for the last 4 months haha. It felt so great to be around real people! Also, as District Leader, I am supposed to go on exchanges with every elder in my district each transfer, but they were quarantined for the first 2 weeks, and then I was quarantined for the next 2 weeks. Now I am scramming to fit in all the exchanges before the end of the transfer! It's not that big of a burden, though, because exchanges are so much fun! I had 3 this past week, and 2 this upcoming week.


Guys!!! Nazareth was supposed to get baptized yesterday, but HE GOT THE CORONA VIRUS!! Such bad timing! He sent us pictures of him in the hospital, and we are praying for him so much! Don't worry, I have never met him in person, so we know it wasn't our fault. Luckily, he said he is already improving! I only have 1 week left in The Bronx, so I am praying that he can get baptized this weekend. It would take a MIRACLE, but God has his ways! If he can't get baptized this weekend, I know that he will eventually. And that's all that really matters.

A member that we work with a lot found out that I am probably getting transferred soon, and in broken English he said, "The missionaries who are really really good are the ones you miss the most. That missionary is you". Not only was it a super nice compliment, but that fact that he tried to say it in English so he could make sure I completely understood... Dang that was a nice moment. I am going to miss The Bronx so so much!

The Elders in my district found a grill next to the church so we all pitched in to buy food and we are going to have a barbecue together today for P-day! I am super excited!

That's pretty much all the updates from me this week. Please pray for a miracle so that Nazareth can be baptized soon! Have a great week!

Elder Webster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...