Skip to main content

Elder Clayton

September 21, 2020

This week was great! I love serving with Elder Davis because not a second goes to waste and we are always working hard. Also, a member of the quorum of the 70 and his wife, Elder Clayton and Sister Clayton, visited our mission this week. We had several meetings with him every day and it was really powerful! But it was also A LOT of time spent staring at a computer screen. One day we had 5 continuous hours of meetings with him and we felt so dead afterwards haha, but it was good. Elder and Sister Clayton, and President and Sister Teuscher all joined our District Council one day, and it was terrifying but it turned out pretty awesome!


I went on an exchange this week into a Sign Language area, which was way fun and interesting! I couldn't really participate in the lessons but it was super cool to see how it works! I could still feel the spirit even when it was silent and I had no idea what was happening. I also got to go on an exchange with the AP's and they helped answer a lot of questions that I had about zone leading.

Every Tuesday we have a call with President Teuscher to discuss all the people with baptismal dates in our zone. This week, he had some concerns because we had 28 people with baptismal dates, but only a few of them were actually progressing. So, this week we planned a few more meetings, and gave a few trainings to the zone about how to help people progress, and how to set realistic baptismal goals. By the end of the week, the zone had dropped 12 baptismal dates! Normally, that would sound like a sad thing, but it is actually really good because now people can finally spend time finding new people that the Lord is preparing right now, instead of spending so much time on people who have been taught for months and still haven't made progress. In the long run, stopping teaching those people will lead to more baptisms in this zone, and I am really excited to start seeing all the progress we will make here.

Luis passed his baptismal interview! Its been quite the process trying to make sure he is ready, but his baptism is this week! Please pray that everything will go smoothly because it seems like something random always pops up at the last second and all our plans get changed. Luis has sooooo much faith and is so excited to have the gift of the Holy Ghost.

We started teaching an 8 year old girl, Jeynaliz, who is so cute and basically asked us if she could be baptized without us even talking about it. We were just getting to know her, and she said, "Are you guys going to be there when I get baptized?" So... that was cool! Her and her mom, Angie, are now planning on being baptized together next month!

Today for P-Day, my district went to the Central Park Zoo. All I could think about was the Madagascar movie haha. I was a little disappointed because they didn't have lions, zebras, hippos, or giraffes! The movie was so unrealistic. Still, a fun day though because they had the penguins!

The church made a couple videos about the members of my ward a few years ago! They are in Spanish, but it's worth the watch! It's so cool seeing my friends and my church building in professional videos like that. Here are the links!



Have a great week!

Elder Webster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...