Skip to main content

EMERGENCY *MUST READ*

November 9, 2020

What's up!!!! I'm not sure if you all heard, but the elections were this week. We don't watch the news or anything so I received the update when the ENTIRE city went out onto the streets with cowbells, trumpets, frying pans, and other noisemakers to celebrate. It was crazy. New York is very very very blue. That's all I will say.


I emailed President Teuscher about my concerns with my companion's obedience, and he said "I will see what I can do". Well he actually did a LOT to help! He made a whole PowerPoint presentation on obedience and shared it in a mission-wide devotional. We also had a mission leadership meeting in Queens this week and had a big discussion about how to help the 27 new incoming missionaries be obedient... the answer: WE ARE OBEDIENT OURSELVES. We made plans to do a 40 day fast as a mission from EVERYTHING we may cut corners on when it comes to rules. Anyway, I feel like my emails to President sparked a big mission-wide focus on obedience and I am glad I am able to help my companion, and hopefully other missionaries! I have seen improvements in our companionship which I am SO GRATEFUL FOR!

In my interview with President, he told me what his plans are for Harlem at the next transfer, which includes me having a new companion. He even told me WHO my new companion will be! I don't know why he told me so early because now I have all this information I can't do anything with but at least I know what's coming! So stay tuned for that.

We figured out a new way to get people to talk to us on Facebook! All you have to do is message them and say "CALL ME, ITS AN EMERGENCY" with some police siren and ambulance emojis haha. Sometimes they call us in a panic and we calm them down with a scripture. Haha, not the most effective way to find people to teach, but we thought we would experiment and see how it would work. I don't recommend it. But making it the subject of this email probably got a few extra people to read this so... gotcha.

Anyway, the work is going pretty well I think. We have some awesome people to teach but our biggest problem is that since our area covers all of Manhattan, a lot of the people we teach live far away from the chapel, and it is hard getting them to come to 9 AM church, especially because the subway schedule changes on the weekends for maintenance and no one knows which trains they can take. We miss the convenience of online church haha but thats okay.

Do yourself a favor and read from the Book of Mormon today! You won't regret it. Here's a sneak peek of what you might find in there:

Mosiah 7:33- "But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage."

Adios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Webster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...