Skip to main content

119 Miracles

 March 1, 2021

Another great week here in White Plains! We have just been SO busy! One day, we had 12 lessons planned all back-to-back. I counted, and we had an average of 7 lessons planned per day, which is PRETTY AWESOME if you ask me. This area is legit.


I posted an ad on Facebook for free English classes, which I have done several times before but I rarely see much come from it. Well this time, I got 119 COMMENTS AND 9 SHARES from people wanting to come to the class! I was able to set up lots and LOTS of appointments to tell them about the class, and ask if they were interested in doing free bible studies with us. I've setup several return appointments for gospel lessons and we have been very busy! Miracle!

We were trying to baptize our friend Jorge on Saturday, but long story short, it didn't happen. We tried setting up the interview, but Elder Taylor's phone broke and we didn't receive the messages from President Teuscher (oof), and the baptism just never happened haha. After a few phone calls and the entire zone praying for us, we were able to setup the interview for tomorrow and hoping the baptism happens THIS Saturday! We have mission goals to baptize 40 people every month, and we think God wanted Jorge to get baptized in March, because we already achieved our February goal. Please pray for him that he will pass his interview!

I got to go over to President and Sister Mortensen's house this week! I've mentioned this before, but they represented Adam and Eve in a church video. If you know, you know. It is so cool seeing them because they are just SO righteous you can FEEL it, and its also just cool seeing them in real life other than in the video. Their kids were making snow cones out of snow in the backyard, and they gave me a little ticket to buy one from them haha. They made me a piña colada snow cone and it was really good!

I went on an exchange with the office elders, and I went with Elder Barnes. Nothing too crazy happened, but their apartment, being on the 23rd floor, had a view of Manhattan, and it felt really good to see! I know its crazy, but the city just feels like home to me now. White Plains is awesome but I spent almost 17 months in the city, so it was just really nice to see it again from a distance. We unexchanged in Yonkers, which is basically just The Bronx, but we have cars. It was wild. Their chapel looks really run down and old haha, I will attach a picture of it into this email so you can see.

That is pretty much all the notable things from this week. How are y'all doing? I hope all is well! Let me know! Have a great week!

Elder Webster 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...