Skip to main content

NO MORE MASKS + ALEX'S BAPTISM

 June 14, 2021

Wow. I feel like a different person than I was a week ago. So many life changing experiences this week that I will never forget.

First of all, Alex got baptized on Saturday! We met at Wendy's in Arizona years ago and he has been learning more and more since then. I got to join the baptism over zoom, my dad gave a wonderful talk about the Holy Ghost, and Alex shared such a powerful testimony. I am not kidding, I don't think I have ever felt the spirit more strongly in my entire life. I cried the entire time. I was so grateful. I was speechless the rest of the day. Even writing in my journal that night was tough, because I didn't have the words to describe how happy I felt. The spirit = Joy. Also, Alex just so happens to be from The Bronx, which is where I used to serve. Another little miracle is that Elder and Sister Clifford, senior couple missionaries here in NY, had to go home for the weekend to take care of a family matter. While back home, they went to THE SAME WARD that Alex and his wife Jeri go to. She heard Jeri share her testimony at church but didn't connect the dots that it was me they were talking about in church until later. Small world!

President and Sister Teuscher had their last Zone Conference before they leave. It was powerful. I won't go into too much detail, but they spewed off some deep doctrine about love for God, and I learned a lot! More tears were shed.

BIG NEWS!!!! I know we are a little late compared to other missions, but WE DON'T HAVE TO WEAR MASKS ANYMORE!! I literally got chills when we found out. It was such a glorious moment. I was on an exchange with Elder Ward (who used to serve in the Philippines with my friend from home, Elder Ashby), and as soon as we heard the news, we took off our masks, took a picture together, and opened up a window to breathe the air. We were soooooo happy! It would have been nice if the update came a couple days earlier, because we had to move an apartment in Brooklyn, and carrying furniture all day up and down 6 flights of stairs in the summer time with masks is super hard.

This upcoming week is WEEK 6, the last week of the transfer. It's usually a very hype week as everyone anticipates news about transfers on Saturday. But for assistants, it's a super stressful and busy week making sure everything goes smoothly with departing/arriving missionaries and other tiny little transfer details that no one thinks about but we have to take care of. We probably won't have time to do proselyting this week :(

I am really loving my mission right now. I have about 3 months left and I don't want to go home. I might just go into the system and change my return date. I think I have the power to do that. LOVE YOU ALL!

- Elder Webster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...