Skip to main content

Zone Conference Week

 August 16, 2021

What's good!!!

This week was Zone Conference week, so we were running all over the mission giving trainings and making sure everything went smoothly. It was my last Zone Conference ever, which was sad, but I was honestly pretty relieved after it was over because its really stressful organizing the whole thing. Departing missionaries are always asked to share their testimony at their last Zone Conference, but because I attended ALL the zone conferences, I got to do it every day. 

We dropped Elder Money off at the airport on Thursday morning! It was super sad! I love that guy. He was such a great companion!

Elder Call and I actually had time to do normal missionary work yesterday for the first time in months! We grabbed a stack of Book of Mormons and rode the subway up and down Manhattan for a few hours and passed out as many as we could. Elder Call met a guy named Nephi who isn't even a member of the church. It was so cool. I met a guy from The Bronx that spit on me. That was less cool.

Other than that, not much else happened this week. President asked us to start working on the transfer board for next transfer even though it's not for another month. We have a busy couple of weeks in front of us, so he wanted us to get it done in advance. Of course, he has the final say on things, but we have been very prayerful in assigning missionaries to their future areas and companions. Exciting stuff.

Love you all! Dios les bendiga

- Elder Webster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...