Skip to main content

A Christmas Miracle

December 9, 2019

Hola everyone! What a great week it has been! We got our first proper snow storm of the season, which was super exciting because this is the first real winter I have ever been able to experience, and I got to see the transition between autumn and winter, which was CRAZY. I also had some amazing experiences in our lessons and meeting people on the street this week! So this weeks letter will be a few quick summaries of some miracles that happend to me.

So, we have been teaching a lady named Marta LucĂ­a. She hasnt been super promising lately and we honestly considered stopping teaching her. But, we taught a lesson to her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Not to brag or anything, but this lesson was BIEN FUEGO. It went so well! We didnt plan on doing this, but we actually ended up inviting her to be baptized, and she said yes! I bore my testimony to her and she almost started crying, and she said how she wished all young people were like us. I dont know how else to describe it, but... it was amazing. We scheduled her baptism for February 1st, 2020. The only problem is, she lives with her husband, but she isnt actually legally married to him yet, so he isnt her husband! That contradicts the law of chastity. So, between now and February, I need to get these 2 people married. Luckily, I am a love expert, so it shouldnt be a problem. Elder Stanford and I even offered to pay for the marriage ceritification because its only $35 in New York haha. This was all in spanish too, and it was going so well that I forgot I was even speaking spanish. The words just kinda came out and it was super easy. It felt like a miracle because the spanish felt easy, AND she agreed to be baptized even though we didnt plan on even asking her to be baptized. It all just went perfectly because we followed the spirit. #Blessings

We also taught a guy named Eduardo! The whole situation is a long story, but pretty much, during my personal study time, I learned something and was prompted to share it with Eduardo the next time we saw him. Eduardo told us that he wanted to know EVERYTHING about the gospel before he gets baptized. But what I learned is that the gift of the holy ghost provides the power by which we can learn and teach. He cant benefit from the blessings of the holy ghost, because he hasnt recieved the gift of the holy ghost yet! I told him that he needs to act in faith, and make the commitment to be baptized in order to receive blessings in return, including receiving more knowledge and revelation. I also told him that I have been a member my whole life, and I learn new things every day through the holy ghost. Thats just how it works. I am glad I followed the prompting to share that with him because it was super powerful and impactful and I think he needed to hear it! #FollowPromptings

More blessings! A Lady walked up to us on the street and said she sees us all the time and wants to make us dinner! She was super nice and we have plans to eat with her on Saturday. Soooo excited but also soooo confused because strangers in new york hardly ever invite other strangers into their homes to eat.

MOREEE BLESSINGS! We found a guy off the street named Issachar and showed him a Light The World video. He loved it SO much. He wanted to come to church with us the next day and he has been looking for people his age (he is 18) that also loves God. He is such a cool guy and has so much potential, we hope everything continues to go well as we meet with him more.

Thats pretty much the highlights of my week right there. Except, ever since I started living in Queens, I have been experiencing something really weird. Every day I feel a heightened sense of caution, and I have noticed I have been sticking to a lot of things I touch. One time I couldve sworn I saw spider web residue on my wrists. Until I figure out whats going on, I'll continue being a friendly neighborhood missionary and rescue dangered souls.

Elder Webster

P.s. Thank you so much to Jeri and Alex Kiss for mailing cookies for thanksgiving! You guys are the best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...