Skip to main content

Manhappen'n

September 7, 2020

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic week! My week was pretty awesome! I have SO much I want to write about, so to make things simple, I am going to make bullet points of all the fun things that are going on here in Manhattan!


- Today for P-Day we went around and visited all of the famous places here in NYC, like the 9/11 memorial, the charging bull statue, the Brooklyn Bridge, the Statue of Liberty, Grand Central Station, and a couple other places. I've got a lot of pictures but they won't all fit in 1 email, so I will send multiple. Sorry in advance haha. This area is sooo sick.

- Every morning we go on a run in Central Park, and it is so much fun! Elder Davis and I both love running, so we run about 2-3 miles or so every day. It's tiring but I love it so much. We even met up with someone we are teaching and had a lesson in Central Park this week, which was way fun. After the lesson she wanted to give us a little tour of the park, so we got to see a couple of the highlights.

- Our chapel is HUGE! It's got 5 floors, a gym, a parking garage, an elevator, and it has a bunch of fancy touch-screen computers that we like to do our video calls on. I will attach a picture of the building in this email. Many members of our ward are kinda famous because they have been in church produced videos that are in the gospel library, or their faces are on pass-along cards used by missionaries.

- Elder Davis is awesome! We are both determined to work insanely hard this transfer, and we get along great! Every day is a grind but that's how it should be haha. President Teuscher originally told me that we were going to be in a trio, but I guess he changed his mind at the last second because it's just us 2.

- I have been SO busy with Zone Leader stuff! It's a new adjustment for me, so this week I was just trying to get into the swing of things. We have meetings every day with the DL's, STL's, AP's, and President Teuscher. We also get to go on exchanges with every District Leader and his companion, the AP's, and other missionaries in the zone who may be struggling. In addition to that, we have to visit other district councils every week to give trainings and give feedback on how effective the meetings are. Its A LOT but it feels good to be productive and helpful.

- We have a baptism coming up for a guy named Luis! We had a few in person lessons with him this week and he was super solid and seems ready for baptism! All we need to do is set up his interview and he is all set for September 26th. We are teaching a few really awesome people!

Have a great week everyone!!!!!!!!!! If you want to send me mail, you can send it directly to the mission office. This is the address:

700 White Plains Rd Ste 315
Scarsdale NY 10583
United States

Elder Webster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...