Skip to main content

1 YEAR!

October 5, 2020

1 YEAR IN! Thursday was a year from when I left home, I can't believe how the time has flown. I spent the day on ANOTHER exchange haha, surprise surprise. I was with Elder Skinner in Inwood! It was super fun! On the way home we were just walking on the sidewalk, trying to return in a timely manner, and some drunk guy got like 2 inches away from me and was screaming at me and got his spit all over my face. He looked like he was about to beat us up, and Elder Davis started to swing his arm to punch the guy, but the guy backed off before things got serious. We walked away quickly and we were fine. I'm gonna be honest, that kind of stuff doesn't even surprise me anymore haha, that's just another day in Harlem. When I got home, my parents ordered us each a carton of ice cream, cookies, and brownies! It was so good!!! Elder Davis also wrote a "happy 1 year" message on our bathroom mirror which was super nice! 


We had MLC this week, which is just a meeting with all the ZL's and STL's in the mission. President Teuscher told us about a bunch of upcoming news for the mission, including FINALLY having in person zone conferences, and the creation of like 4 more zones or something. He said that the Manhattan Zone (and a few others) will be split in half so that the leadership can concentrate their efforts on a few companionships instead of like 15. So we are nervous for transfers this weekend because Elder Davis and I don't want to be split apart! Anything can happen, so we will just have to wait and see.

General Conference was amazing! I loved all the talks, but especially the ones by Uchtdorf, Holland, and Andersen! But they were all amazing! I loved how many speakers mentioned how missionary work is thriving right now unlike ever before. It's true! We keep breaking our own records every single month! God knew what he was doing when he made us change the way we work. But that success wasn't just given to us, I am so happy I am in this mission because EVERYONE is determined to work hard, be obedient, and be creative to think outside the box we have been quarantined in haha.

We saw amazing miracles this week!! I posted on my Facebook story last week and asked if anyone wanted to be baptized. I didn't really think anything would come of it, I just wanted to see what would happen haha. To my surprise, 2 people accepted my baptismal invitation! Both of them watched general conference and 1 of them now has a baptismal date! Also, someone else we are teaching, Angie, miraculously overcame her one and only roadblock, so things are looking good for her and her daughter to be baptized in a couple weeks!

Today for P-Day we walked 5th Ave with the elders in my district and just hung out, walked through some expensive stores that charge $1,000 for a t-shirt haha, and walked around the NBC studio where they film SNL. Pretty cool. We also visited a place called Teuscher Chocolates that sells like $350 chocolate (its so fancy). President Teuscher said he would buy us all chocolate if we find a certain amount of new people to teach, which we are trying hard to achieve... but just in case we can't get it, we bought ourselves some chocolate today and took pictures/videos to get our zone excited about it! It was really good!

Hasta la proxima, chao

Elder Webster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...