Skip to main content

What's Up?

November 16, 2020

WHAT IS UP WEEKLY EMAIL SQUAD?! It's me, Elder Webster, back at it again with another live update!!

Okay, maybe not a "live" update, because my first story starts a week ago from today. On Monday night I got a call from Sister Teuscher and she asked me to give a training to the WHOLE mission on how to find people to teach through personal Facebook accounts, and how I come up with content ideas. Well I made a little PowerPoint presentation and I think it turned out pretty well despite me being SUPER nervous. President recorded it over zoom and is going to put it on our mission google drive folder, so anybody can go back and watch it for their companionship studies. The rest of the week, Facebook was FLOODED with missionaries making posts based off of ideas I recommended haha, it was crazy. 

We found some really solid people to teach this week (from Facebook!!) and I think we can invite one of them, Mari, to be baptized soon because she is so amazing. She cried when we taught her the restoration because she has been "searching" for this her whole life, and she gave the Book of Mormon a big hug when we gave it to her. We were also able to commit our other friend, Carlos, to be baptized on December 26th and he had a great experience at church this week! Yayyyyy!

Other things you probably don't care about but I am going to tell you about anyways:

- Our recent convert, Luis, got the priesthood yesterday! It was so awesome seeing the ward sustain him and everything. Missionary work is the best!

- I learned how to say "We are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" in sign language!

- This week was like the PRIME time for Fall. The leaves were different colors EVERY SINGLE DAY and almost all the trees are naked now. I have never seen Fall in my life (last year I just saw the very end of it). Fall is SOOO SICK did you guys know??????

-  We are supposed to be helping members get involved in sharing the gospel online, so we threw a little Instagram party at the church for some of the youth and gave a lil presentation. We taught them how to do online missionary work and had them follow us, share some of our posts, helped them make their own posts, and then we played a few games. It was super fun!

- I went on 3 exchanges this week with Elder Flores, Elder Goodworth, and Elder Garcia (the AP). It was lit.

- Manhattan has the best pizza!

Have a FANTASTIC week!

Elder Webster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...