Skip to main content

Families Are Forever

 July 19, 2021

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a good week! This week was a bit difficult and eye opening for me, I had a really interesting experience.

On Thursday, we were in a lesson and our phones kept vibrating but we just ignored it because we were teaching. After the lesson, we got in the car and checked our phones. We had several missed calls from Sister Robison and Sister Braithwaite. When we called them back, they were both crying so hard that they could barely speak. We asked what was wrong, and all they said, full of tears and out of breath, was "please pray for us." So, we hung up and said a prayer for them, not knowing what was wrong. Then, we called President Holmes and he told us that Sister Robison's 13 year old brother back in Utah got ran over by a truck, and died. Our jaws dropped. It was so sad, and you could hear the pain in their voices when we called them. President rushed to their apartment, gave them a blessing, and they all came back and stayed at the mission home for a few days. That night, Elder Money and I were so quiet. We were praying, writing, and pondering a lot about the plan of salvation. I started realizing how much I really love my family, and I appreciate the knowledge and blessing we have of the plan of salvation and eternal families. We spent some time with Sister Robison and Braithwaite and the Holmes' talking about temple covenants and the plan of salvation, and the spirit was so strong. Tears were shed. I will never forget that experience. There were SO many miracles that happened in between all the tragedy, it was honestly super faith-building to see how everything played out (a story for another day maybe). I know God was with her family and with us. Please pray for Sister Robison and her family.

Other than that, we have been super busy and very productive. Yesterday my eye lid was twitching non-stop, and I looked up why it was happening, and found out it was because of "fatigue and stress", so... that just goes to show how my life is going right now haha. President Holmes' office is still unfinished, so he sent us out on lots of errands to upgrade it. We went to Queens and picked up a massive conference table, we mounted a TV on his wall, got better lighting, rugs, and plants. It is looking REALLY nice and I am grateful to the office elders who helped us out a ton. On top of that, Sister Holmes had her own to-do list for us, including an emergency diet coke run past our curfew. I love them haha. We also got a head start on planning transfers... it's going to be absolutely nuts.

I've honestly been struggling quite a bit with the fact that we hardly teach lessons anymore, and I barely do normal missionary work. I am basically a full time assistant, which has its perks, but it isn't really the experience I was expecting when I went on a mission (well, none of my mission has gone as expected). One night, while being a bit frustrated that I haven't gotten to do normal missionary work, I wondered what on Earth God wants me to learn from this. The next day, I had a discussion with President Holmes' that completely changed my life. He taught me what direction I want my life to go in, how I want to do it, and how to work effectively to accomplish those goals. The career path I thought I wanted to take is no longer in my plans (Still trying to figure out what I want to do instead though haha). He is teaching me how to be successful in life, not just spiritually, but in a temporal sense too. They have taught me how I want to live my life, and I am learning so much from them about how to put Christ first before anything else. I've always heard that a mission prepares you for the rest of your life, and I always thought they were just talking about in a spiritual sense... but serving as an assistant is preparing me for life in a business and family sense too. I am so grateful for their example to me and for all the advice they share with me to live a successful, Christ-centered life.

Love you all SO much! Stay safe! If you could all please fast and pray for Sister Robison and her family, as well as Sister Hampton and her family, who are friends from back home. Sister Hampton was diagnosed with some pretty severe cancer and needs lots and lots of prayers. Thank you!

- Elder Webster

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Land of Spider-man

November 17, 2019 Hola! All is well here in New York City! I CANNOT believe how amazing it is here, and how happy I am doing the work I am doing. There is nowhere I would rather be, and no work I would rather be doing. I have found so much more joy than I thought was possible in being a missionary. I've had so many incredible experiences this week, but I will only share a few for the sake of time, and for the sake of the length of this email. So buckle up, there's a lot I want to share with you all but I don't want to bore anyone so I will try to condense it. My new companion is named Elder Stanford! He is from San Francisco California, and is one heck of a guy! He is the best trainer I could ask for, and I love him so much. Seriously, no complaints. The area I was assigned to serve in is called Richmond Hill! Its in Queens (and a little bit of Brooklyn), and I love it so much! Its literally where Spiderman lives! The high school that they filmed Spiderman at is really ...

Urgent Care + TRANSFERS!

March 16, 2020 It's a crazy time to be a missionary, for sure! Due to the Coronavirus, church was canceled worldwide, and everyone is avoiding contact with everyone! It makes it a little hard for us to work because... inviting people to church and talking to as many people as possible is what we do! I am not entirely sure how to do missionary work effectively in this circumstance, but we are figuring it out one day at a time. Because we try to talk to literally everyone we see, I actually got sick this week! Elder Larson and I were told to stay inside to rest and to avoid spreading anything. We have been at home for the past 3 days! The mission doctor also asked me to go to Urgent Care, just to make sure I didn't have Corona Virus. They took my blood and ran tests. Turns out, I AM OKAY. Thank goodness! They still don't want us to leave the house though because of everything that's going on in the world. So, we have been doing as much missionary work from home as we ...

#Bendecido

April 27, 2020 Wow! You would think I would run out of updates to write about since we are still stuck at home, but I have some news! But first, thank you so much to everyone that sent Elder Goodman and I something! We got like 6 meals delivered to us throughout the week and some packages and letters! It was a fantastic birthday! I feel super blessed! When I asked people to send me stuff last week I was kind of joking because I didn't think anyone would actually do it, but we have been LOADED with food and packages! Thank you everyone! I also feel mega blessed because WE FINALLY KILLED A MOUSE! After many sleepless nights, trips to the store for traps, and praying, we got 1! We have seen rats and other mice too, so the war is not over. But 1 mouse is progress! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and Elder Goodman and I are both staying in Olmstead. But the thing is, since so many missionaries got sent home, a bunch of areas have been shut down. The entire Chinese Zone clo...